Bravo compatibility

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hi All, I while back I posted a thread regarding a shifting issue with my Bravo 2 drive. Now that the season is over I figured its time to try to get a plan together for next year. I have a line on a Bravo upper with the correct gear set for a reasonable price, the only issue is that it is a later drive with the oil return port (1999-2000) and mine is the old style without (1989). I know that SEI mentions on there website that they will plug the oil return port on their lower to work with an older style upper. Is there any reason I could not plug the oil return port on the upper to work with my lower?

Have a GREAT Monday.

Mike

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Bravo compatibility

Hi All, I while back I posted a thread regarding a shifting issue with my Bravo 2 drive. Now that the season is over I figured its time to try to get a plan together for next year. I have a line on a Bravo upper with the correct gear set for a reasonable price, the only issue is that it is a later drive with the oil return port (1999-2000) and mine is the old style without (1989). I know that SEI mentions on there website that they will plug the oil return port on their lower to work with an older style upper. Is there any reason I could not plug the oil return port on the upper to work with my lower?

Have a GREAT Monday.

Mike

Nope,... Not that I know of,... I believe the gasket covers is anyways...

mr300z87

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bravo compatibility

Thank for the reply Bond-o. I am going to give it try and see what happens. At this point I probably wont get in the water again until next season. This gives me some time to get the parts needed to assemble with my spare lower B1.