Hydraulic steering - Teleflex Baystar vs Ultraflex Hyco (or others)?

CW180

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Test run yesterday of my boat revealed that as expected the slop/backlash in the helm unit makes it annoying to control, with constant correction needed to stop the engine deciding where the boat points, instead of the helm.

The system is a Teleflex Safe-T cable system. I was given the helm unit and it seemed in good condition, so I bought a new cable and fitted it all. There's tons of play in it though.
I've read since that the Safe-T helm has a fair bit of backlash even when new, so I don't want to buy a new one only to find it's not all that much better.

Have decided hydraulic is the way to go therefore (when I can get the money together), but have a few questions:

1) It appears Teleflex and Ultraflex offer more or less the same thing as a kit, with the Baystar and Hyco hydraulic kits respectively. Is one any better than the other? I've read about seals going on the Baystar helms after around 2 years use but is that common or just a few people who had bother?
2) Where's the cheapest place to get a kit like this? Done a bit of googling and so far the best I've seen is around ?400 for a baystar kit, from the US.
3) These seem to come with say 20' or 30' of hose - do you just cut this to suit the exact length you need on your boat?
4) Is the hydraulic hose able to go round fairly tight radius bends (compared to cable)? If it's better in this respect than cable it would great improvement my fitting options and onboard safety due to running the hose beneath the deck (can't do that with cable system).

Many thanks for any info on this.
Engine is 75hp by the way so well within the limits of these kits, as I understand they're not as good towards their rated limit.