Gear oil fitting and brownish stuff in the back of the trim senders

tomasz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello again everyone,
Still in the process of replacing bellows, bearing ect. I noticed that the gear oil fitting has 1/4 plactic left for house. Is that enough? If new fitting is needed can anybody give me the link or part number. Also on the boack of the trim senders there was either some form of caulk (brown in color) or something. Was that maybe just mud or it was there for a reason? Thank you for any help.

BTW
I'be been working on my boat for day and half and I can say that it's not easy. I can understand why labor is so expensive. I do have some scraped knuckles, I've used some profanity and I kicked the sh.. out of my boat trailer but you know what? That satisfaction feeling after something is done is amazing.

Thank you for any advice.
Tomasz

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Gear oil fitting and brownish stuff in the back of the trim senders

Hello again everyone,
Still in the process of replacing bellows, bearing ect. I noticed that the gear oil fitting has 1/4 plactic left for house. Is that enough? If new fitting is needed can anybody give me the link or part number. Also on the boack of the trim senders there was either some form of caulk (brown in color) or something. Was that maybe just mud or it was there for a reason? Thank you for any help.

BTW
I'be been working on my boat for day and half and I can say that it's not easy. I can understand why labor is so expensive. I do have some scraped knuckles, I've used some profanity and I kicked the sh.. out of my boat trailer but you know what? That satisfaction feeling after something is done is amazing.

Thank you for any advice.
Tomasz

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... I imagine it's purged Grease....

tomasz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Gear oil fitting and brownish stuff in the back of the trim senders

Hello,
Purged Grease- something new that need to be purchase.

Thank you very much.