How to remove rear seat on a 2004 Larson 230lxi

josern

Cadet
I have a 2004 Larson 230LXI and have to get to the fuel tank to replace the fuel sending unit. There is a floor panel that can be lifted to gain access to the fuel tank. However, that pannel can be removed only after the removal of he rear seat. How in the world do this seat come out??:mad:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Re: How to remove rear seat on a 2004 Larson 230lxi

screws would be my guess.

josern

Cadet

Yes , I found the screws. you remove the u shape piece 6 nut you can see them on the bottom. once that is out , look for the ones under the carpet like material (3 screws, you wont see these) remove these and the ones holding the upwrite plastic under the seat. then the ones on the floor, and pannel is out.

tpenfield

Staff member

I have a 2004 Larson 230LXI and have to get to the fuel tank to replace the fuel sending unit. There is a floor panel that can be lifted to gain access to the fuel tank. However, that panel can be removed only after the removal of he rear seat. How in the world do this seat come out??:mad:

"usually" the boat builders design a way to get at the fuel sender and tank fittings without removing things. Often there will be a small hatch in the ski locker, or similar compartment, that can be opened to give direct access to the sender area.

I am wondering if you have this sort of access and have just over looked it? Could save a whole bunch of time and effort, if so.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral

My Larson (186 SEI I/O) has a hatch for access to the tank, but the rear seat must be completely removed to get at it. Not a terrible task to get the seat out, but not a minor one, either...

Jim

josern

Cadet

Ted, No what I have is a portion of the floor that has to be removed.
Jim ,I have the same, a big hatch, and the rear seat has to come out, the center portion anyway. It is a mayor task finding the screws that hold them in place. Got sending unit out and, found the circuit bd busted in half. glued and resosder the resistors that cepareted. Tested and works good, however this are realy not expencive. and I love boating at night, till 3 or 4 o'clock. Can't take chances.
I'm ordering a new one.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

My searay needed to have the seat and side bolster padding removed as well to be able to take the tank cover off. Boat builders primary concern is a clean looking boat that looks good on the show room floor, and not ease of repair or maintenance after the warranty period.