How big is my gas tank? 1991 Bayliner classic Merc 3.0 19' bowrider

tanked_darren

Recruit
I've tried to find the size of my gas tank with no luck. I want to know so I put the correct amount of fuel stabilizer in it.

Its a 1991 Bayliner classic mercruiser 3.0 19 foot Bowrider.

Re: How big is my gas tank? 1991 Bayliner classic Merc 3.0 19' bowrider

Hi. Sorry I don't know the size of your tank, but you should be able to estimate it based on your usual fill up amounts, and then put in 50% more stabilizer than you calculated! It doesn't harm to put extra stabilizer in.

tanked_darren

Recruit

Hi. Sorry I don't know the size of your tank, but you should be able to estimate it based on your usual fill up amounts, and then put in 50% more stabilizer than you calculated! It doesn't harm to put extra stabilizer in.
Thanks for taking the time to respond, I wasn't sure if it was harmful to add more than required. I have a pretty good idea what the tank size is so I'll do what you mentioned. I have read to store the boat with a relatively full tank so is that good practice? Its stored outside in Canada BC weathe

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I wasn't sure if it was harmful to add more than required. I have a pretty good idea what the tank size is so I'll do what you mentioned. I have read to store the boat with a relatively full tank so is that good practice? Its stored outside in Canada BC weathe

Now that is a good question and there have been many threads on this topic. Opinions vary and there doesn't seem to be a "right" answer. Some people say full ( I'm in that group); some say drain it; and some say it doesn't matter!
So I say fill it - if you're using ethanol fuel you might want to use a stabilizer that claims to combat "phase separation". I use Startron.
Others reading this thread may offer other opinions;)

jestor68

Commander

It's 23 us gallons.