MC-1 to MR conversion?

djmeaney

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My boat currently has an MC-1 (pre alpha) drive, but the motor is shot. I have a complete MR Outdrive (including inner transom plate, gimbal housing, gimbal ring, and upper and lower units) but am not sure if the drive itself is good. I know the MC-1 drive to be in good shape.

If I cannot find a 2.5 or 3.0 liter motor that is compatible with the MC-1 inner transom plate, is to possible to replace the inner transom plate from the MR and still use the MC-1 drive? I understand there are differences in the plates for steering and TnT pump attachments.

In a nutshell, can a MR compatible motor be mounted to an MC-1 outdrive assembly just by changing the inner plate?

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: MC-1 to MR conversion?

My boat currently has an MC-1 (pre alpha) drive, but the motor is shot. I have a complete MR Outdrive (including inner transom plate, gimbal housing, gimbal ring, and upper and lower units) but am not sure if the drive itself is good. I know the MC-1 drive to be in good shape.

If I cannot find a 2.5 or 3.0 liter motor that is compatible with the MC-1 inner transom plate, is to possible to replace the inner transom plate from the MR and still use the MC-1 drive? I understand there are differences in the plates for steering and TnT pump attachments.

In a nutshell, can a MR compatible motor be mounted to an MC-1 outdrive assembly just by changing the inner plate?

In a nutshell, No. The stud holes on the MR inner plate will not line up with the studs on the MC-1 outer housing.

djmeaney

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: MC-1 to MR conversion?

In a nutshell, No. The stud holes on the MR inner plate will not line up with the studs on the MC-1 outer housing.

Awww nuts!

So will Plan B work? Install MR inner plate, gimbal housing and gimbal ring, and attach MC-1 drive to that?