1972 Glastron i am in need of two side stickers any help

bayoucat58

Seaman
Hi here are the stickers i need the ones on there are original and have some fading everything else badges emblems are like new. Any advice anyone? :confused: you cant really see them in this pic sorry. i will get a better onepics before 1971 GaLsstron GT160 011.jpg GT 160 DECALS 003.jpg GT 160 DECALS 002.jpg

Last edited:

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1972 Glastron i am in need of two side stickers any help

Ayuh,.... Take yer pictures to yer local custom Sign Shop.... They'll be able to cut ya some new 1s...

jbcurt00

Staff member

According to this Classic Glastron site, the original Glastron 'football' oval logos are still available thru Glastron dealers:
70-76gl-logo.jpg

Additional Glastron resources can also be found at that site

As Bond-O suggests, you might be able to get a local sign company to make a very close reproduction of the GT-160 foil emblem, but it may also be available thru 1 of the resources on the Glastron resource page.

There's a forum page there too, but it isn't as active, and doesn't have nearly as much general resource info for resto of fiberglass boats as Iboats.

Good luck looking for the parts & pieces you need, and best of luck w/ the project as a whole. Have you settled on it being a 1971 or a 1972? There is a page of factory images at the Glastron site too, definitely matches the 1971 brochure..

I may go look at a 1978 GT-150 later this week.

bayoucat58

Seaman

Thanks everyone i may have found a shop near me will know tomorrow.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Hey, just because it's a 'donor' boat to get an 85hp motor, doesn't mean that it has to go under the sawzall right?

Besides, with only 1 spare glass & 1 spare tin, what's 1 more boat :D And no, you may not ask my Admiral. Biased she is, strongly against boat acquisitions as well, no matter the purpose(s):facepalm: