Reversing motor controls?

jim1of6

Cadet
I have a pontoon boat with a Chrysler control box mounted on the right side of the center console. The Shift/Throttle lever points straight up in the neutral position. So I have to pull towards me to go forward and push away for reverse. Is it possible to swap the cables either in the control box or on the motor? And if so which is easier?

cr2k

Captain
Re: Reversing motor controls?

It would be done in the control box. Many boxes have the provision to do so. While you are in there give it some love (white grease) be liberal too.

shrew

Lieutenant

................................... Is it possible to swap the cables either in the control box or on the motor? And if so which is easier?

It sounds like someone already swapped them. Rather than looking at which is easier, i'd looke at which end is connected wrong to begin with.

jim1of6

Cadet

They have not been swapped. Take your right hand and extend it out in front of you with your palm facing to the right. That would be the normal mounting of the control box. Now rotate your palm facing to the left and with your fingers pointing up. That is how mine is mounted on the right side of my center console on my pontoon. I hope that makes sense.

cr2k

Captain

If it's not a force motor that is why the controls are wrong.

jim1of6

Cadet

Frank,

You are my hero. Just did it. Will try it out in a wekk or so and report back. Wow the wiring inside mine is a rats nest. Tim the tool man must have got in there. Gonna clean it up a bit. Thanx!