zoom zoom ...

waterbabies81

Seaman Apprentice
well I went and got a 24L fuel tank and swapped my fuel hose over to it. mixed at a 50:1 ratio and hit the electric choke.
after 3 quick tries with the key she fired up to life. hmm... seems to be running abit smoother.
lower the high idle lever and no signs of stalling out... alright time to throw it in reverse. Off the trailer we go... little turn around and into forward gear. again no signs of stalling out.

give it a little throttle and she takes off so gently... little more and the speed increases... little more and the bow comes up and levels off.

anyways I made it to 3/4 throttle before I looked at my little ones who all had the wind blowing their hair in every direction. so I shut her back down and trolled back to the trailer. it was a successful mission and shes quite quick for an old girl.

thanks for the help guys.

now just a question about where the throttle should be...
doesn't seem like the motor has any real power until the lever is at 50%. like the first 50% of the throw is for the gear changing and being real gentle like and the last 50% of the throw is all for throttle response... is it supposed to be like that?

next up... time to re wire that girl :)

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: zoom zoom ...

Most throttles are not linear so I think your working fine. Also, a slow throttle response is good for moving around the dock and such. Wouldn't be good to be jumping around near the dock.

waterbabies81

Seaman Apprentice
Re: zoom zoom ...

ok right on thanks. yeah I have never operated a boat before so I wouldn't have known either way.
boat tops out at 35mph. not sure if the guage is right or not... I know the prop has a ding it.
I was surprised to see the guage working at all to be honest.