Flushing Tee Location?

lwcwb08

Cadet
I just picked up a "Flushing Tee" kit from the auto parts store, but am kinda dumfounded on where it should go. I'm working on my 74' Chris Craft with the electric shift stringer and a 5.7. Logic tells me that it should go in the hose going from the intermediate housing to the t-stat housing, however that hose is over an inch in diameter and the largest tee in the kit is 3/4". Could I hook this up to one of the smaller hoses going to the manifolds from t-stat housing or do I have to put this into the line coming from the intermediate housing? I should also add that my stringer does not have the connection for a hose on the starboard pivot cap, hence why I bought the flushing tee.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Re: Flushing Tee Location?

the pre 85 OMC's were available with a pivot cap with a flush kit. do a search on ebay.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

You need the tee in the line between the intermediate housing and the thermostat housing or get the fitting that Scott mentions.

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral

There are flush tees to 1", but I can't recall where I have got them in the past.
Home depot or TSC etc. will have lots of barbed poly tees that will have 1" to 1" trunk, with a 3/4 branch, and then they'll have 3/4 garden hose fittings that can be attached to the branch. Or use the factory adapter.