Prop Spacer 90 HP Yamaha

bman1bpm

Chief Petty Officer
My motor is a 2008 yamaha 2 stroke 90 hp.

I replaced my prop today, the new one (solas aluminum) did not come with any hardware, my question is does it need a spacer between the prop and the castle nut or no?

When I took it apart it went prop, I think a spacer, then a washer, then the castle nut and pin.

I say I think because the prop had had some water on top of the hub after I took it off, I flipped the prop over (into the river) to pour out the water, and I heard a splash, like there was more than just water on top of that hub! I assume it was a spacer. Should I have reused this with my new prop? If so where can I get one? Does anyone have a parts diagram?

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Prop Spacer 90 HP Yamaha

There's a heavy, splined, grooved thrust washer on the front of the prop, another heavy, flat, splined washer and another flat washer and the castle nut on the back....you're gonna need to replace that big front thrust washer that fell in the water for everything to go together correctly....Yamaha Dealer...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Gonna put this in the prop forum.

jestor68

Commander

Page #64 of your owners manual has a picture of the hardware that goes on the prop. Take inventory and see what's missing.

If you don't have the manual, just google "2008 Yamaha 90 owners manual," and you'll find one in pdf format . :)

Another way is go to the iboats prop section and select any Solas Amita prop for your motor. It will show all the hardware that goes with the prop. You can order what part(s) you need from there.

Yes; you will need all of the parts to install the prop.