1977 EBKO boats brochure/catalog?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

satx78247

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Friends,

I've found a 1977 Ebko 18 foot trihull with 302 Ford engine/Mercruiser 888 outdrive (which has been stored for over a decade but is complete with all trim) & would like to restore it to factory original.

EDIT
THANKS, tex/satx

Last edited by a moderator:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1977 EBKO boats brochure/catalog?????

8. You may not solicit any personal transaction (buy, sell, free, donate, etc.) in the forum. This includes solicitations for charitable and non-profit causes. Personal transactions arranged completely by Private Message are not affected by this rule. Solicitation by PM must be preceded by contact in the forum. Please note: threads or posts that give extensive details on anything that is for sale will be assumed to be an attempt to advertise and are subject to deletion.

satx78247

Petty Officer 2nd Class

JB; all,

Pardon me, but what precisely was i soliciting other than INFORMATION to restore my own antique boat? - i DID offer to re-imburse the owner of any brochure for going to the trouble to make color-copies,which seems only polite/fair.

the EBKO 18ft trihull is NOT for sale. period. end of story.

futhermore, I believe that you owe me an APOLOGY in public ,since you chose to "call me down" (for NO legitimate reason that i can understand) in public.

yours, satx

jestor68

Commander

Man, I miss out on all the good stuff! :eek:

Bondo

Staff member

JB; all,

Pardon me, but what precisely was i soliciting other than INFORMATION to restore my own antique boat? - i DID offer to re-imburse the owner of any brochure for going to the trouble to make color-copies,which seems only polite/fair.

the EBKO 18ft trihull is NOT for sale. period. end of story.

futhermore, I believe that you owe me an APOLOGY in public ,since you chose to "call me down" (for NO legitimate reason that i can understand) in public.

yours, satx

Ayuh,.... Look up the definition of solicitation....

You can ask, Where to find what yer lookin' for, but not directly ask to buy the stuff...

I see no reason for any "APOLOGY in public", from Any of the Mods....

satx78247

Petty Officer 2nd Class

jestor68,

actually, you "missed out on" nothing of importance, except that i'm looking for at least ONE really good picture of the interior of a 1977 Ebko, 18foot, sterndrive runabout, so that "Traci" can copy the design.

There seems to be NO pictures anywhere on the "worldwidewierd" of the sterndrive runabouts made by Ebko.

IF i'm going to spend several hundred dollars to replace the upholstery/trim, i want it to be CORRECT.

I also said that i would be interested in starting an EBKO OWNER's CLUB, if there is any interest from other owners.

yours, satx

Last edited:

satx78247

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bondo-o,

Of course you don't see a reason for a "mod" to apologize. - most everyone in the USA knows that the word "polite" is omitted from dictionaries in "knew yawk".
(fyi, i was once the Provost Marshal of Tenth Mountain Division at Ft Drum & i've met a more than a few people from your area. = CHUCKLE.)

yours, satx

southkogs

Staff member

Wow satx. Could you be slightly more hostile, buddy?

Truth is that you'll find little about the boat besides random photos on the internet. They were a short lived manufacturer that existed as a "me too" product at the zenith of trailer boat production. Google search it and file through the images.

In the meantime, ease up just a bit. Both of the guys you just insulted pretty great sources of information.

satx78247

Petty Officer 2nd Class

southkogs,

frankly, i don't see that i did anything wrong. - also, i don't mean to sound hostile to anyone or insult them either.

btw, IF nothing had been "edited" out of my original post, i might now have the information (which is all that i wanted) & we wouldn't be having this conversation.
(fwiw, i have well over 50 years in boats & might even be someone that you might use as a "resource".)

yours, satx

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You did wrong, satx. You asked people to send you copies of copyrighted material. That violates rule 8, as noted, AND rule 3. noted below.

3. Do not post copyrighted material or request that anyone else violate copyright law.

Finally, you have violated Rule #9.

9. If you have questions, concerns, suggestions or complaints about the rules, moderation, or management of this site please contact a moderator via PM or iboats management for discussion. It is forbidden to debate these rules or their enforcement in the forum.

I have over 60 years messing with boats and 12 years moderating this forum. I do know exactly what I am doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.