Best cover for Livingston?

bluegill_fly

Recruit
Do any of you Livingston owners have a cover on your boat? If so, which one are you using?

As far as I can determine, Covermate and Westland are the only makers that sell a custom-fit cover for a Livingston (mine's a 1984 12, but as far as I can tell, there's no difference between that and later models), so that seems to narrow the field a lot.

If you've used either of those on a Livingston, how are they? Or on any boat, for that matter.

This is my first boat and it has been garaged for the few months I've had it, but I'll be moving in a couple months, and the garage in the new location has no room for a boat, so it's going to have to be outside and covered. I strongly prefer the cover be towable, since I want to relocate the boat (500 mile tow) with some stuff inside of it. Yes, I'll be repacking the trailer bearings before the trip :)

Thanks for any advice!

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Best cover for Livingston?

The best covers is one custom made to fit out of Sumbrella. In my case I consider a cover like a garage a good one is exactly that a poor one is one that leaks and is a lot of effort to put on and off.