Cant pull motor out of water when beaching my boat.

Cant pull motor out of water when beaching my boat.

• What is the correct model number

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Did they make a PPT for a 50 hp Lark

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobbyR1956PT

Recruit
I'm looking for a power tilt unit I can bolt on to my 1974 Evinrude 50 hp Lark. My wife and I are both disabeled. This issue has put a stop to our boating. We are on fixed incomes so I cant pay a lot for the unit. I dont have a part number or know what unit would fit. Any way this information someone can help to get us back on the water would be GREAT. I live in Washington state so if you don't have a boat your really missing out in the eara. Puget Sound is our spot we love to boat in.

I'm depending on one of you fellow boaters that believes in the paying it forward.

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: Cant pull motor out of water when beaching my boat.

The part number for the orignial tilt/trim kit was 0172687, but they are no longer available. Look at the top of the page in the "Top Secret File" stickey, there is a list of salvage yards there, maybe one of them can help you out.

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

Not real experienced with this sort of thing but wouldn't a powered Jack Plate work? It seems i've seen them that also tilt - Could be wrong--

BobbyR1956PT

Recruit

I could really use some help with this. If you have a good working PTT drop me a line. There has got to be another old salt out there (EN3 USS Barbour County 1195 74-77) that has a PTT for a 1974 Evinrude Lark 50 hp. As I said in my original post this has put and end to our Hood Canal Washington boat rides.
Give a guy a hand and it will return 10 fold. I do have a 1982 Kawaski kz 650 I would throw in as part trade. Project bike. 2nd owner has about 10,000 miles on it. Has not been started as of 1974. Screamer if you don't mind a little work.

BobbyR1956PT

Recruit

It could. I really looking for thr original part doing the boat true to the erea. It could be my only option unless someone pulld that part of the shelf. Pzrt number 135443B. HELP A BROTHER OUT

w2much

Lieutenant

Check out eBay one may show up there.

emoney

Commander

You should put an ad on your local Craigslist offering the motorcycle for trade for a power tilt unit. This forum isn't a "classified ad" or "trading post", so the odds of you happening on what you need are pretty long. I've seen guys fashion a "handle" for their outboard that makes it easier to lift, by the way. Might be something to consider if you don't find what you're looking for.

yorab

Ensign

as emoney said, this forum isn't a classifieds site. You could try over at aomci.org. They do have a section called "Webvertise". You may get more responses to buying parts over there.

Tinfever

Cadet

Hi Bobbie, Check out www.cook-mfg.com they make after market tilt/trim units that bolt between your transom and outboard. The model you need is the PT-130, it's for outboards from 35 to 130 HP. I highly recomend this company as I've had their smaller PT-35 on my 15' jonboat with a 25 Evinrude for 10 years with 0 issues! I just purchased a 17' Starcraft with a 60 Johnson that has no factory lift and I'm getting the PT-130 for it. Cost is around $650, but check Craigslist, I have seen them as low as $450. They come complete with mounting hardware and wiring harness. Don't mess with salvage yards, not gonna be happy.