Is this the correct Impellar kit??

paczowski123

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am looking to order all of my parts for winterization. If i can, id like to order them all from the same place to save on shipping. I have centered the quicksilver part number for the full impellar kit with all of the gaskets, key way etc and a sierra kit comes up for merury. Will this part work? Is sierra a good alternative to quicksilver or should i stick with the quicksilver brand?

http://www.iboats.com/Water-Pump-Im...9214610--session_id.897067545--view_id.345436

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Is this the correct Impellar kit??

It will work, but it's missing the face seal and installation tool needed to do the job correctly. It's a good alternative compared to the other aftermarket kits.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral

I prefer quicksilver part's. I installed a Sierra bellow's kit for a customer who bought his own part's,I didn't like the "feel" of them,they seemed softer than the quicksilver parts. Mabe the impellers are ok,but it's been awhile since I've used Sierra parts.
Grub

paczowski123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

from the sounds of it, Ill go quicksilver. Thanks for the timely responses.

paczowski123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Don, is there an alternative to the mercruiser sealant it says to use in the service procedure for the impeller for the base gasket to help it seal properly? Like in comparison to an rtv type sealant i can get at an auto parts store, such as the blue type or red type?

Don S

Good ole Permatex Aviation gasket sealer does the same thing.

paczowski123

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Does it need to be aviation? Or like a regular, black, red, blue etc?

Don S

Not sillycone, gasket sealer. Goes on with a brush. Thick brown liquid.

fam_img_384.jpg

Print out this picture and head for any auto parts store, they will have it or an equivalent.