Two prop questions!

Lenmoy

Cadet
First: Can anyone tell me if an early 90's Force prop that is a thru exhaust prop and is the same 15 spline will fit a non thru exhaust 88 outboard?

Second: What is a P510, 17832 prop?

Thank you

Len

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Two prop questions!

Yes, the thru-hub exhaust prop will fit the 1988. It will give exactly the same performance as the same diameter and pitch closed hub prop.

P510 refers to the prop itself and was an old Chrysler designation that I believe Merc and Michigan carried. I know I have a p510 in my garage but not being dressed (TMI?) I am not about to go outside and look.

It will either be a stainless or aluminum (i forget the terminology--for example 510 would be stainless and 210 would be aluminum in the same design and size) and usually will have another number associated with it -- 510-17 meaning a 13 3/8 diameter by 17 pitch.

It will most likely be 17 or 19 pitch.

If you are truly interested I will look tomorrow and reply again

Lenmoy

Cadet

Yes, the thru-hub exhaust prop will fit the 1988. It will give exactly the same performance as the same diameter and pitch closed hub prop.

P510 refers to the prop itself and was an old Chrysler designation that I believe Merc and Michigan carried. I know I have a p510 in my garage but not being dressed (TMI?) I am not about to go outside and look.

It will either be a stainless or aluminum (i forget the terminology--for example 510 would be stainless and 210 would be aluminum in the same design and size) and usually will have another number associated with it -- 510-17 meaning a 13 3/8 diameter by 17 pitch.

It will most likely be 17 or 19 pitch.

If you are truly interested I will look tomorrow and reply again

Thank you so much for the information. You have answered all my reservations.

Respectfully

Len

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

I did look at the prop on my Chrysler 140. It is a 510-19 and is the Chrysler closed hub 13 3/8diameter X 19 pitch stainless prop. The 510 MAY have been a Michigan number because Chrysler props of this era were made by Michigan.

I did not mention that these props were the ones used from about 1979 when Chrysler redesigned the lower unit into a one piece. This same lower unit was carried on into the Force line.