made a full swap to led for catfishing

catfishcarl99

Senior Chief Petty Officer

now these are never all on at once. the white on the outside are for landing fish to see it when i net them. the blue on the bow are on so i can see to tie hooks ect. the ambers are on usually only when something is dropped ect or if just soubtle light is needed. the white interior are strictly for untangeling line hooks fixing a reel or backlash ect as they blind looking out of the boat. the bimini are great. they light the whoe interior up just like a light in the livingroom. great for just hanging out or putting a fish on a stringer ect. 2 10" strips white light the whole boat.

the blue in the bow replaced a set of 10' yellow rope leds that prob had 100 leds in them to light the bow. the 3 10" blue strip leds are smaller diodes and have 12 per strip and do the same effect.

100_1214_zps214cdaf6.jpg

the wire is zip tied to the frame down to the gunnel and on a plug so it can be unplugged and bimini removed easily. these are nice.
100_1219_zps8794c996.jpg

and if my nav light blows i got backup. whether this is within the USCG laws i dont know but its done lol. they look long in the pic but there 12" strips. just cause the bow is close to camera.

100_1322_zpsc40c4909.jpg

thinking about getting led for the nav and anchor light too. got to look at whats on ebay cheap. less drain. the ambers in the rear and in the hall under window as well as the two white on the outside used to be buld style dome /utility lights. they drain a battery to fast. the decision was made after ma and a buddie rowed 1 1/2 miles back in early august.

catfishcarl99

Re: made a full swap to led for catfishing

obviously i wasnt finished up lol. these are the fishing lights to illuminate the rods and line.

catfishcarl99

tonight i installed hard wired submersable leds in each of the two livewells on a 3 way switch to turn on only one at a time. now i think im done lol.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I have been using a black light to night fish for years.