2006 Tahoe Q4 L

jeridmar6

Cadet
I am purchasing a 2006 Q4 L Tahoe with a 3.0 LT Mercruiser and taking this boat for a test spin on Thursday Sept 27th. Since I am new to this forum, some of my questions may be weird.

1- What does the Q4 Stand for?

2 What does the L stand for. Having researched the Tahoe series, there is the SF, SS, and not much about the L series. From photos, the big difference is the passenger seat has a rear facing seat directly behind it and there is a larger cowling over the motor and there is no sun deck but 2 jump seats on each side of the cowling.

It has the 3.0 lt Mercruiser so

3- has any one found this underpowered? I have seen many posts about getting smart tabs but am not sure if it is a necessary burdon for me.

4- What is the top speed for this boat? I am sure that there is someone out there with a similar boat who has had it maxed out.

5- What are the your top concernes about the model and make, are they reliable?

6- what should I be looking for on this test drive?

and lastly, What are some of the good points about this model

Thanks in advance.

I am going to try and find out information about the 3.0 Mercruiser on another forum but being new, it may take a while

whitey224

Seaman
Re: 2006 Tahoe Q4 L

The Q4 is just the model as far as i know, I have a Q7i I don't know about the L but the 3.0 merc will do anything you ask of it. I had a Glastron GT 185 with a 3.0 and it would run about 40-45mph and would pull a skier with a full load. I have smart tabs on my Q7 and i think they are great. On the test drive make sure everything works as it should take some time and look it over real good. any imperfections can be used for bargaining. Get an answer for any questions you might have about the history and any maintenance and general operation tips they have. Good luck!!