94 Johnson 150 Fast Strike Alarm in the parking lot?

Speakrdude

Ensign
So as I am reassembling my powerhead, lower unit, (another story) I remembered when I had the boat out last....

While I was filling up with gas at the gas station, I turned the key to check the fuel gauges and left the key on while fueling. iAfter a few minutes, the alarm started chirping. Firat at a low volume, then normal loud volume. I didnt think much about it, turned off the key and continued.

Then, having forgot about the chirping incident, I launched her in the lake and sure enough, the chirping returned, full volume, with OR without the engine rurning.

I have the boat in the driveway now after reassembilng the powerhead and lower unit. turned the key on normal alarm came and went like its supposed to. Went ahead and left the key on while working, the chirping returns.

Any ideas what is causing this? O had the oil tank sensor fail a while back. Disconneted it and on we went for about a year now.

Someone help me with the different alarms.

1-Low oil in the tank (Speed of chirp, changes with RPMS)
2-Over Heat (steady tone, I believe)
3-Low oil pressure in the VRO system or VRO failure?
4-?
\
Thanks

Speakrdude

Ensign
Re: 94 Johnson 150 Fast Strike Alarm in the parking lot?

Not sure if this is related or not, but I squeezed up the primer ball to get fuel to the carbs and noticed that when the ball started to get hard, Fuel sprayed out of the top of the VRO float tank. I inspected, no cracks or warpage, O-rings must getting tired.