Learned how to float a trailer!

superbenk

Commander
Today I learned how to float a trailer! All you have to do is forget to remove the transom straps. As an added bonus, if you do it in front of a bunch of people having a party you can enjoy them laughing at you & taking pictures while you try to figure out why you can't float the boat easily off the trailer.

Today I also learned that an 18' boat has no problem towing around a heavy steel trailer under its belly.

Stupid human tricks (& I was the stupid human this time!). Oh well it ultimately ended up being a beautiful day & my first time on the Hudson! ;)

rockyrude

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Learned how to float a trailer!

I'm sure you left out a bunch of the story, wifey on your case about something, kids going crazy, etc. Got your attention diverted.

superbenk

Commander

It was a new ramp for me & actually very quiet. Threw me off prepping the boat on the ramp as opposed to a prep area before the ramp.

Honestly never forgot the transom straps before. At least not REMOVING them.

Looking on the positive side - any day you learn something new is a good day, and you provided entertainment for those partygoers (and for u-tube fans when the video goes viral!! :eek: )

superbenk

Commander

Looking on the positive side - any day you learn something new is a good day, and you provided entertainment for those partygoers (and for u-tube fans when the video goes viral!! :eek: )

Lol! Can't wait to see that video!

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

hey, not to worry ..:).. it can happen to anybody ..;).. don't ask me how I know ..:redface:

Jim

bigheaded5

Petty Officer 2nd Class

FUNNY.....would love to have seen that. Last weekend coming IN..there was one old man STARING at me as i negotiated the ramp with the boat. He wouldn't even BLINK! It was creepy, and for some reason I couldn't get past it...had to make a second swing around before I got it in lol There was some wind (20 mph) but it was definitely being WATCHED so intently that got me frazzled..lol

Funny how the oddest things throw you....