Johnson Ocean Pro 115 will not get fuel

iShep

Recruit
Ok, I have read and read and READ other post on about the same problem I am having. But no one ever really answered the question at hand. I have replaced the VRO with a fuel pump for a 90-150 johnson. It has three ports, fuel in, pulse limiter, and fuel out. I can pump the bulb firm, it starts right up and out of the hole it gets on quick. But as soon as it uses the fuel I have pumped, the engine slowly dies. If someone sit back there and massages the bulb it will run all day long. I have checked for air leaks and have found none. The fuel bulb and fuel lines are new. We disconnected at the fuel filter and used a portable fuel tank with the same results, thus iliminating from there to the fuel tank. The pulse limiter seems to be operating fine. If you want to come to LA (lower alabama) and fix it, Ill buy the beer, and not the cheap stuff!!!!!!

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: Johnson Ocean Pro 115 will not get fuel

Have you checked the fuel pump pressure and flow, maybe a defective pump.
I am not sure, but don't you have to remove the pulse limiter when you convert the engine to a pre-mix pump, do you have a good push/suck on the pulse line, put a vacume/pressure guage on the pulse line and check it out.

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Johnson Ocean Pro 115 will not get fuel

Sounds like a defective fuel pump. You shouldn't have to remove the pulse limiter as that only closes if that cyl backfires.