Mercury KG7 Super 10 Hurricane Value

dman6903

Recruit
I'm new to the forum so sorry if this is in the wrong section. I have a restored Merc KG7 that was passed down from my father to me, serial number 487606. Although I am an outboard enthusiast, antiques aren't my thing, so I'm thinking about selling it. How many of these were made, and how much should I be asking for it?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Mercury KG7 Super 10 Hurricane Value

Welcome to the forums,

How about posting some pics to see it's actual condition. A pic is better than 1 k words.

Happy Boating

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

They made lots of them - they're far from rare, but lots of people want them, so you should be able to get a few bucks for it. Don't plan your retirement around it, though. I've seen junkyard specials around sell for $100 to restored beauties priced around $500-$600, so I'd say you're somewhere in between. My unrestored original cost me $75 up front (15 years ago) and another $100 in parts to get it going.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Couple of strikes against that one - it is missing the lower cowling and it looks like the clamp brackets have been replaced with the earlier style castings. KG7s used the forged aluminum clamp brackets - the ones on the motor in the pics are diecast. Still, I'd probably guess that it's a $250-$300 motor in my part of the country.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

I bought mine for $40 about 5 years ago and it's complete and running. Got it from another AOMCI member at a swap meet. I'm in NY too, so that just goes to show you how prices vary even in the same area.