Engine alignment diagram

84EdH

Chief Petty Officer
I am looking for a diagram I saw somewhere that shows the specs for engine installation for an alpha gen 1 setup. the diagram shows the centerline of the crankshaft, how high it is above front and rear engine mounts, distance between mounts etc. Anyone know where I can find this?

thanks

Ed

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Engine alignment diagram

Are you referring to the X dimension for the transom cutout?

84EdH

Chief Petty Officer

I dont think so. the diagram I mean shows a schematic of a v8 engine with exact specs for how far apart the engine mounts are, how high the front and rear mounts are in relation to each other etc. not the transom cut out.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Here is a drawing for a 5.7. You can get width between the stringers and distance from the transom to the front mount pads, but you aren't going to get height. That changes with transom angle and how parallel the inside of the transom is to the outside.
I typically install the transom shield, sit the engine on the rear mounts, the raise the front of the engine so the alignment bar goes in. Then with the front mounts about midway in their travel, measure for your pad height. Then take it all back apart and finish your construction.

The boat manufacturers have molds and jigs for all that sort of thing.

View attachment 862922.pdf

PS The rear mounts on the inner transom plate depends on the X dimension location from the transom cutout.

84EdH

Chief Petty Officer

thanks Don, thats exactly what I needed!