drive lube leak from res bottle

Nick0001

Recruit
any advice would help,, i changed out my res bottle for my drive lube, because i had to always put about quarter of an inch in the bottle after every time i went out.. had a seal kit put on it,,,still leaking, checked the bottle, looked like it was coming out from the bottom of the bottle, so got a new bottle,,now it looks like the top of the bottle has oil on it where there is sometype of breather thing, and don't have to add as much, but still do,,,

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: drive lube leak from res bottle

Have you thought it might be the drive itself is leaking and causing the level to drop? Is this the round reservoir, or the rectangular one? Kind of hard to tell from here.

Nick0001

Recruit

Have you thought it might be the drive itself is leaking and causing the level to drop? Is this the round reservoir, or the rectangular one? Kind of hard to tell from here.

no i haven't thought of that,,but the reservoir is the rectangular one

oldjeep

Admiral

Pretty common that it burps out that stupid breather on the cap, but you shouldn't lose a noticible amount in a days use. You will find gear oil on the top of the cap though. I find that keeping the fluid level down closer to MIN helps, but if you do a lot of hard turns then it'll keep coating the cap and burping a little fluid out.