Hunting down a old style portable gas tank

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Well as my luck goes the wife and I took a trip out to one of the larger lakes for 4 days and on the last night`s stay some one decided they wanted one of my tanks with the non EPA caps :mad: and so when I got home the search began. I was able to find a replacement after about 3 hours of searching. I found out that Attwood still makes the same tank but it is now listed as a international tank and in my case its a 8806gi2 part number. Thought I would toss this out if any one is looking. I don't know how long they will be around.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Hunting down a old style portable gas tank

Thought I would make a up date. Several company's show the Attwood 8806IG2 tank as a in stock item none of them have it. How ever I was able to find one company that has several of the old style non EPA Moeller/Tempo tanks left. If any one is looking shoot me a IM.

BlkY2k

Chief Petty Officer

Check your local craigslist, I see them by the dozens all the time.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I did and it wasn't showing any, but I have 2 new ones on the way.

dan t.

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yard sales, lots of every size.

emoney

Commander

By the way, you can just use an old style fuel cap and then the new tank becomes an "old tank". I know this because I didn't want to not use the new tank so I just tried one of the old caps on it and problem was solved.