Thanks for the Lessons

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer
ever have one of those :facepalm: moments .... reading in many areas of this form has made me realize that over the years I've been very lucky because I was almost completely blind to the need for a thorough hull examination when buying a used boat .... granted, most of the boats I've purchased have been new and of the pre-owned ones I have purchased, none have ever had a hull issue ... when considering the purchase of such a boat I routinely take a superficial look at the hull but I would focus heavily on the motor .... I guess the reason for that is every pre-owned boat I've bought has ended up with motor issues .... some minor but most critical .... our current boat is the best match for us that I've ever owned so, unless a major change takes place, I don't foresee being in the market for a replacement .... if/when that time should come I won't rule out buying a pre-owned one but the odds of doing so are very low .... once again, thanks for the lessons, they were badly needed

Jim

coastalrichard

Lieutenant
Re: Thanks for the Lessons

Jim, I routinely "lurk" much more than I post. The information that is available here is undeniably useful and offered via a great bunch of folks. If I have a question, I can usually find numerous threads on the topic in the archives and, if I don't, it sure doesn't take long to get replies. I couldn't agree more with you that these forums are great.