Motor Paint ?

melaque

Cadet
Looking for aerosol touchup paint for 2000 Yamaha T50. Local dealer gives me a blank stare. Yamaha site suggests
going to a 'Color rite' link, but they don't list it, and the Canadian distributor doesn't reply at all.
Color code is "8D".
Could go to an auto paint outfit, but for the small amount I would need, it wouldn't be worth the effort.
Any suggestions ? Thanks guys!

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Motor Paint ?

I just picked some up at my Yam dealer. Had it right on the shelf. Different shades for different years. Might want to try another dealer.

melaque

Cadet

I just picked some up at my Yam dealer. Had it right on the shelf. Different shades for different years. Might want to try another dealer.

Is it actually a Yamaha product ? Would help to take a number to my dealer and get him to order it. Thanks for the quick
response...

WaterDR

Moeller Engine Paint. Part #25515 for Yamaha motors 1994 to 1997. I have a 2012, so I looks like they gave me the wrong one. Dam.

WaterDR

I recall the dealer saying that there were only two colors depending on age.

sschefer

Rear Admiral

My local West Marine had both the Yami colors on the shelf last time I was in getting paint for my Merc. Moeller is the spray bomb stuff you want but it stays soft for a long time (almost a month). I'm not sure what that stuff that Merc uses at the factory but it's hard, hard, hard. I've sand blasted a block and I can tell you it's no cake walk. The stuff laughs at paint removers and won't bake off either. My buddy had the same experience with his Yami.

melaque

Cadet

Problem resolved (sort of)....Canadian distributor from Moeller got back to me: They don't make a paint for later models of Yamaha.
Will have to check with local automotive paint outfits and have it mixed / matched. Ouch $$$$.
If anyone finds another supplier, keep me (and WaterDr.) advised...Melaque

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

If you look around NAPA has a color matching system and will make up 2 rattle cans for 20.00