Once and for all - what model is it?

sbbamafan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Don S - can you tell me which drive I have. I looked at my id plate on the top of the carb today and it is pretty faded but it looks like it says:

570A/PS

I assume that it means I have DP-A of some variety. What does all this mean? What is the difference between DP-A, DP-A1 and DP-A2?

Can you tell me what manual is correct for it? Thanks.

Can you tell me the part number for the clutch?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Once and for all - what model is it?

Look at the ID tag on the drive. It's on the upper gear box, just in front of the top cap, and where the helmet attaches to the drive.

The 280 to DP-C manual covers it.

sbbamafan

Petty Officer 1st Class

Look at the ID tag on the drive. It's on the upper gear box, just in front of the top cap, and where the helmet attaches to the drive.

The 280 to DP-C manual covers it.

Do you have a pic of where the id tag should be? I looked for one today when I was moving it to the mechanic today.

Don S

Volvo Drive ID.jpg

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Once and for all - what model is it? ..I can relate to that..but remeber one thing..your boat does not talk back to you...and could careless what you say....aka you never have to apologize...;)

Pesimist

Seaman

Duoprop DP-A.jpg

I won't bet on it but, you've probably got the same drive as mine (DP-A). I'm running a 1990 Chaparal 1900 SL with the Duo Prop. Attached picture shows what your data plate should look like & it is in the position Don showed you.

Just removed my upper gear case this morning to replace a leaking drive shaft seal.

I might have my head up my A** but, don't believe there is a clutch any where in this drive.

Don S

I might have my head up my A** but, don't believe there is a clutch any where in this drive.

All Volvo drives, since the early 60's, have had a cone clutch in the upper gear box.