help with neutral safety

weightset

Seaman Apprentice
The neutral safety switch on my noat just snapped off now no way to start boat withoit jumping starter is there anyway i can wire a switch up to act like a neutral switch.
2012-09-13_18-33-14_283.jpg

2012-09-13_18-33-22_233.jpg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: help with neutral safety

If your the only person who drives this boat I would take and splice them 2 spade terminals together and go boating. If your not the only person well then it needs fixed correctly,good luck finding the parts. Look or try ebay/craigslist

weightset

Seaman Apprentice

Where do those spade terminals lead to it looks like it goes up near the gauges

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Electrically, one wire goes to the ignition switch start terminal, the other goes to the starter slave solenoid terminal to activate the solenoid.

Bondo

Staff member

Where do those spade terminals lead to it looks like it goes up near the gauges

Ayuh,.... It's a simple make/ or break switch, 'tween the key, 'n the starter...

weightset

Seaman Apprentice

So it will work if i just splice the two together

weightset

Seaman Apprentice

thanks guys worked great so until i can get the correct part if possible il just put a switch in the panel so i can just flick the switch for neutral and in gear

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks guys worked great so until i can get the correct part if possible il just put a switch in the panel so i can just flick the switch for neutral and in gear

Wire in a lanyard and go boating. Just remember to look and make sure no people are near your prop before you plug the lanyard in. You shouldn't even be starting your engine till all people are aboard and back of boat is clear anyhow. Be a safer alternative to finding the correct parts for that dinosaur. Happy boating

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Looks like a very standard 'Cherry' switch, any half decent electronics shop should be able to supply. It will be a SPST NC (Single pole, single throw, normally closed) switch. Any numbers on it?