1970 silverline comoro

weightset

Seaman Apprentice
hey all just picked up my first boat and im in the process of restoring it everything is going really well imo. well today i was cleaning up some things in the bilge area beneath the motor and i happened to find a perfect hole about the same size as the plug at the back of the boat except facing toward the front of the boat in the bildge area is that supposed to be there jw and another question is when i go to put the boat into gear from neutral it pushes the button right back out and kicks it back into neutral what to do bout that

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: 1970 silverline comoro

Can't help w/ the kicking out of gear, but motor maker, year &/or model# would help.

Does the hole look like this one:
DSC01117.jpg

It's a drain hole to let any water that collects below decks, to drain back into the bilge to either get pumped out via a bilge pump or drain plug's hole out thru the transom

Pix of whatever you have questions about help too ;)

Welcome to iboats :)

weightset

Seaman Apprentice

Its a 1970 silverline comoro 16.5 ft with a mercruiser 120hp. gm 2.5l. Is that hole in the picture pointed towards the front if the boat if so yea ( i really cant see what it looks like seeing the motor is right over top if the hole

emoney

Commander

Probably a drain hole. Check your cables on your controls, spray some WD40 in there, etc. see if that helps your neutral button issue.