Wiring diagram help...review of mine

nevadany

Seaman
Ok, like many, I am not great with wiring...However, I am trying...:redface:

I am trying to get my project in the water for a fall trip coming up in a few weeks and for now all I need are the navigation lights and bilge pump.

After some searching, I drew up with this diagram for my boat. I know some of the runs are long (I am working on alternative runs to shorten them), but can someone knowledgable take a look at this and let me know if I am going in the right direction?

NavlightsBilge_Opt-1.jpg

Thanks,
DW

sccatfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Wiring diagram help...review of mine

Looks good as long as you wire the switches and auto bilge switch correctly.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Couple of things I notices that was missing.

1, You need a fuse near the battery (within 72") for the main wire going to your switch panel. Sized to wire size.
2. Run a ground wire from the battery to a buss bar near the switch panel. You will need a ground there if you decide to add radios, depth sounders etc. Or if your switch panel needs a ground for lighted switches. Might as well do it now.

nevadany

Seaman

Couple of things I notices that was missing.

1, You need a fuse near the battery (within 72") for the main wire going to your switch panel. Sized to wire size.
2. Run a ground wire from the battery to a buss bar near the switch panel. You will need a ground there if you decide to add radios, depth sounders etc. Or if your switch panel needs a ground for lighted switches. Might as well do it now.

I meant to ask because I was wondering if I needed the fuse from the battery to switch panel because the switch panel has a fuse for each switch already.

I was hoping to get away from the bus bar for now. I will be adding a secondary battery in the console next year, and was planning on adding more accessories at that point. For now I am just looking at the Bilge & lights.

DW