Trailer Issue Hoping for some Help! :)

johnalgood25

Cadet
So Here is My Problem! The Trailer in question didnt come with this boat Although they are the same Length.It Fits everywhere on the trailer fine but the finders as you can see in the pictures below. Any Ideas on how to fix this? Also the trailer ogrinally came with 2 side bunks that I removed but still have if this would help in solving the problem.

This is Just the left side the other side sets about a half inch onto the finder
rightbumper.jpg

This is right side under the boat
undertrailerright.jpg

And Left side
undertrailerleft.jpg

oldjeep

Admiral
Re: Trailer Issue Hoping for some Help! :)

Bunks need to be raised, the whole boat is just sitting on the bottom rollers. The boat on that trailer before had a deeper V

johnalgood25

Cadet

I have actually gotten under there and Raised the Bunks and Rollers Up as far as They will go to meet the Boat.Would it help readding the 2 side Bunks back on?

oldjeep

Admiral

I have actually gotten under there and Raised the Bunks and Rollers Up as far as They will go to meet the Boat.Would it help readding the 2 side Bunks back on?

Nope, they will just balance the boat on the rollers. The way you have it sitting is not good for the boat. You need to figure out some way to get the bunks up higher so that they are supporting the weight of the boat.

johnalgood25

Cadet

What if I take and drop the rollers back down would that make the boat go down enough to hit the bunks

oldjeep

Admiral

What if I take and drop the rollers back down would that make the boat go down enough to hit the bunks

No idea - can't tell that from the pictures. The goal is to get the weight supported by the bunks rather than the keel rollers.

johnalgood25

Cadet

Ok I;ll go adjust those and Post back with how it goes and if you or anyone else has any ideas please let me know Thank you for your help so far! :D

Bondo

Staff member

Ok I;ll go adjust those and Post back with how it goes and if you or anyone else has any ideas please let me know Thank you for your help so far! :D

Ayuh,.... Move the bunks further Outward, 'n raise the hull, up away from the fenders....

Or, get longer bunk brackets...

UncleWillie

Captain

I have actually gotten under there and Raised the Bunks and Rollers Up as far as They will go to meet the Boat.Would it help re-adding the 2 side Bunks back on?

You need to raise them farther than where the hull is now.
Raise them while the boat is NOT on the trailer.
When you put the boat back on it will then be higher up.

johnalgood25

Cadet

Uncle when i raised the rollers i used a jack to get them up to the max size for the bracket. the bunks are not touching the boat.

Bondo if i move the bunks outward they still dont look like they will touch. although moving them in seems like the will then.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

We've had this discussion (argument) many times before.

The only way to adjust a trailer is to have the keel on the rollers supporting the weight, with the bunks up just tight enough that the boat is stable.

In this case, the rollers need to come up a bit, then raise the bunks till they touch the hull.