Repair kit for VRO?

garysgirl

Cadet
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to attain some type of repair kit for a VRO2 pump? We have a 1991 40hp Evinrude Model # TE40ELEIA. The previous owner had cut off the VRO system but was still using the fuel side of the pump. After much trial and error we realized we had air suction problems and narrowed it down to the diaphrams in the VRO which are deteriorated. So far, I am seeing that they don't manufacture a rebuild kit for this pump. Is there somewhere you can get those diaphrams? Also, wondering if there is a site somewhere with a diagram of the internal parts of the VRO. Appears this one may be missing an o-ring but not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

AEROCOOK

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Repair kit for VRO?

I think it may be cheaper and easier to convert to a conventional fuel pump now that the VRO has packed it in.

Sureshot

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You can try the maxrules.com site. They sell a fuel-side VRO repair kit. But like Aerocook says, might be cheaper to replace w/ a standard pump.

garysgirl

Cadet

Thank you both so much. We are working on this boat for my dad and trying to repair everything with the least possible expense. The kit was $145.00 which Im sure is more than a standard pump...I did want to see a diagram though, so thank you for the lead to maxrules. I found what I was looking for!