Hello new guy with a couple questions

slimfitz

Seaman Apprentice
Hello. First off I would like to say this seems like a really nice forum. When I am searching on google I keep coming across this forum. So I figured I would post a couple questions. I am looking to buy a 1997 Chris Craft Concept 27. The problem I am running into is where do I buy parts for it? It needs a few things here and there. But the main thing is the table legs in the cabin. They are missing. Then there are a couple lights covers that need replacing. Is there a boat junkyard online anywhere? Thanks for any help. Mike

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Hello new guy with a couple questions

Boat manufacturers generally make hulls and little else. Most of the things bolted to those fiberglass shells are manufactured by other companies... Find out the manufacturer of the item(s) in question by whatever means, and see if you can source it from them. I will pretty much promise you that C*C did not make either the legs to your cabin table, or the light fixtures.

If it can't be replaced by the same part, it can often be replaced by a brand new part in it's place :)

emoney

Commander

Odds are those same parts were used on tons of different boats. If you don't have a marine salvage yard near you, google "marine salvage" and several will come up. Not sure that will be the cheapest route to go by the time you're done with shipping, but worth a look. Another source for the stuff you're currently looking for is RV Dealers. Lot's of "cross-over" parts between the two when it comes to light covers, et al. Good luck.

slimfitz

Seaman Apprentice

Well thank you. I guess the problem then is who makes the poles. They are adjustable. I did find some that were universal. I may give those a shot if I buy this boat.

tpenfield

Staff member

Chris-Craft "technical support" should be able to assist in getting replacement parts. Check out their web site to see if they have a way to contact by phone or email.

You could also search Chris-Craft forums (here & elsewhere) and get some good information. You can also go to a Chris-Craft dealer.