1992 Evinrude Value

I am new to the forum and hope this question is in the right section. My dad has an Evinrude 35 horse E50JEN-jet outboard he wants to sell. I usaully sell things for him on the web because computers are not his thing. It is sitting on a stand and has all of the controls that go with it. I have no idea what it is worth and neither does he. It has not been run in over a year but it was only ran 3 times since last dealer service. It is in great shape. The only flaw is the engine cover is faded and pealing a little from the sun. I will get some pics of it tomorrow any input is appreciated thanks!

emoney

Commander
Re: 1992 Evinrude Value

Like most anything, market area factors in to boating as much as convertibles. Scour your local Craigslist ads and see what similiar motors are bringing and then do the same thing on Ebay (don't forget to search "sold items" on Ebay). You can also call a couple of your area's Boat Dealers and ask if they have any older outboards in that range horsepower and how much they're asking for it. Once you gather that information, then factor in "will it start right now?"...."how much work does it need to be ready" and things of that nature. For me to say that a '92 35hp Johnnyrude is worth $500.00 is useless to you because we don't live on the same street. Hope that helps and good luck.