1st boat, having trouble finding manuals

SeriiVolk

Recruit
Hey guys,
So i bought my first boat a 1977 Reinell 6M cuddy cab with a 1977 OMC 175 engine and outdrive, I've worked on car engines since i was 13 so i'm not mechanically challenged. But to be on the safe side i decided to get a manual for it, and after searching online for a couple of hours i still can't find one.

Could someone point me in the right direction?
I heard boat manufacturers were horrible with records, but this is whole different level of horrible...

Thanks in advance guys

SV

PS: What im looking for is engine/outdrive service manuals, but an owners manual wouldnt hurt

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1st boat, having trouble finding manuals

Hey guys,
So i bought my first boat a 1977 Reinell 6M cuddy cab with a 1977 OMC 175 engine and outdrive, I've worked on car engines since i was 13 so i'm not mechanically challenged. But to be on the safe side i decided to get a manual for it, and after searching online for a couple of hours i still can't find one.

Could someone point me in the right direction?
I heard boat manufacturers were horrible with records, but this is whole different level of horrible...

Thanks in advance guys

SV

PS: What im looking for is engine/outdrive service manuals, but an owners manual wouldnt hurt

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... It's got Nothin' to do with boat manufacturers,...

The company that built yer motor, 'n drive, went Outa Business, Well over a Decade ago....

SeriiVolk

Recruit

Thanks guys,

The link seems to be what i need.

Thanks again for such a fast reply.

SV

Celtichawk

Chief Petty Officer

I own a manual so if you need a specific section let me know I will scan and personal email.

Celtichawk

Chief Petty Officer

I think it is time to bring back the old and out with the new....that being said OMC is back in business lol, I wish but for the love of god someone do it. Get err done!

mdrinkwater

Cadet

I hear a lot of bad things about OMC....I have the Seloc manual for my 86 4.3L cobra. The engine adjustments were a cake walk, the outdrive is kicking my a*! It looks like the upper pinion bearing spun in the carrier...got that apart, just have to get the bearing off the drive shaft, then press the new ones on...just waiting on the bearing carrier and shims to get er done. Also got some paint for the out drive since it's out and apart.

The OMC's seem like good drives to me....not that I would know since this is my first boat as well.

Roadrager50

Seaman

SerliVolk I have a 1977 Thunderbird Signa 18 with a 190 OMC. When I was looking for manuals I got them from another sorce but I bought all of them because the Parts manual and the Service manual work together. Some of the pics in the manal don't show things and the parts manual shows the exploded view to give you a better idea of what is going on. Also it helps when ordering parts as alot of us will attest to.

Good Luck and Happy Boating

P.S. Welcome to Iboats.com