where to find inline fuel regulator

jwjbs

Cadet
I have posted a prior thread with fuel/carb problems and think it is either a fuel pump with too much pressure or a float problem in my carb. If it is a fuel pressure problem I'd like to know where to get a good quality inline fuel regulator? Where do people normally mount the regulator or do they mount it? Can I use steel braided hose for the connections between the pump, regulator and carb?

jwjbs

Cadet
Re: where to find inline fuel regulator

I forgot to mention this is for a 1984 century bowrider with 260 (350) mercurycruiser. Rochester quad jet carb.

Bondo

Staff member

I have posted a prior thread with fuel/carb problems and think it is either a fuel pump with too much pressure or a float problem in my carb. If it is a fuel pressure problem I'd like to know where to get a good quality inline fuel regulator? Where do people normally mount the regulator or do they mount it? Can I use steel braided hose for the connections between the pump, regulator and carb?

Ayuh,.... Fix the Problem, ya don't need a regulator...

Petty Officer 1st Class

does anyone else have any suggestions to the "question" asked?

U can find a regulator at local parts store but first i would check the needle and seat then make sure float isn't saturated.

Fishermark

Vice Admiral

I believe an inline regulator would be against Coast Guard regs. Since you aren't sure what the problem is yet, perhaps a good first step would be to do a pressure test to see whether the issue is pump or carb related. If it turns out to be too much pressure, then a recent post here suggested a thicker fuel pump gasket could be the solution.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

does anyone else have any suggestions to the "question" asked?

Auto parts store and get a variable one so that you can dial in something like 3 to 6 psi. But, I thought that was a fix for one engine of mine and I also included an electric fuel pump and all. Eventually I removed all the stuff and fixed my problem....different than yours, but same philosophy as was suggested to you by bondo.

Mark

Mark