boat cover questions

dtnel

Seaman
Looking for a boat cover. Trailerable is preferred but not completely necessary as out trips aren't to long. I've been told to get snap style by one boat shop then another says they shrink after about 5 years. MY boat is a 1992 northwood 160 Pacer. Who made it is what I'm trying to find out as well. The length is 16ft 6 in bow to stern. Width is 77 1/4 rub rail to rub rail outer edge. The walk through window that folds over is 78 in from the front and is 24in in length 19 in high with a 28 in length at angle. From the back of the boat to the rear of the side window is 94.5 in. I'm not looking to spend $565 for a snap cover locally or $625 for a nonstrap. A average cover would be good as. I need to keep the rain and snow out and also would like it to drain on it's own. I don't mind strapping it down but don't want it to rub through going down the road either. Any and all help is appreciated.

dtnel

Seaman
Re: boat cover questions

Also I need to know the pros, cons and rating what to look for when it comes to denier and the other things associated with it. If sewing a cover wasn't so complicated I'd give it a try if I knew what I needed. I know how to work with different types of materials and such so any recommendation on that would be helpful also.