over night privacy on your Nineteen

ziggy

Admiral
i don't know if any one else over nights on their Nineteen. but if you do, and you'd like some cheap non damaging (no screw holes involved), i think i've finally figured it out in my 6th year of owning a Nineteen.

056-1.jpg

really was a pretty easy idea.
ya use twine, or string of your liking. ya use the window keepers as tieing off points. i tied my twine to the aft port window keeper. then just go around the perimiter of the boat using the fore window keeper. then off to the hard top latches. a loop around the port one and then off to the starboard one. i got a mirror on my nineteen. it's starboard of the starboard hard top catch. i go around the mirror then off to the fwd starboard window catch. my last tie off point was the outside of the hard top on the bars that run fore and aft on the hard top. tied it off there.
then we just used beach towels and cloths pins. just like a cloths line.

it worked very well and i finally have my privacy at the dock for over nighting.

lamphega

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: over night privacy on your Nineteen

Sounds like a plan. Have not overnighted yet but it is on my short list.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This has nothing to do with your over nighting ziggy, but I did use photoshop to make a caricature of your boat. Or maybe that's a boaticature. Anyway, hope you don't mind.

Got this after.jpg

From this Before.jpg

ziggy

Admiral

Anyway, hope you don't mind.
nope, don't mind at all Don S. looks like from your new boaticature that i will be needing bigger beach towels though..... ;)
speaking of beach towels. we got out this weekend for sunday cruise. it was a little sunny out and the gf was getting hot. so, she came up with another good idea.

014-2.jpg

036-2.jpg

instashade... sweeeet... worked very well. just clothspin your beach towel to the window hold brackets. even worked while underway. at low speeds.
also meet ollie. a few months ago my old friend apollo died. he made it to 16. i miss him much, but this is our new friend. he's been out maybe 10+ times now. he seems like he might like boating. he sleeps like he's at home. don't matter if it's wavy out or if i'm at speed. 3K rpms and bouncing on the waves and he's just sleeping away...
033-2.jpg

i think we've been blessed with a new boating kitty..