And Another One Bites the Dust... <rant>

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Links to boat manufacturers' archival sections. They're an invaluable tool to dweebs like me who like to research the heck out of everything...

Last year, Larson boats did away with their catalog and specs archives covering every boat they're made for the past 30 or 40 years. This morning I went to my beloved Four Winns archives site to research something related to another thread, and it's... GONE! It now contains only the last 10 years worth of boats.

To the manufacturers- How much does it cost you to maintain a link to static information?!? Dammit! :mad:

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: And Another One Bites the Dust... <rant>

I would speculate that the corporate attorney's may have something to do with curtailing the amount of literature available for older models . . . 10+ years as you mention.

I check out the Formula site periodically for older brochures, etc. and the information is still there. Too bad other manufacturers are not keeping the older models 'alive'.

mj05

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: And Another One Bites the Dust... <rant>

Man, that's too bad especially since old boats remain quite useable for decades if cared for or restored. Some of those old gals are just beautiful!