Which hose do I install the flush tee in. 200hp Buick V8

66imp

Recruit
I have 2 hoses that go from the front of each exhaust manifold to the thermostat housing(4 total). Then there is 1 hose at the back of each manifold that go to the intermediate(2 total). Where should the Tee go to run the boat on the trailer and for testing the impeller.

1966 IMP Aztec V
Buick 300V8 200hp
OMC Stringer:eek:

Thanks!

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral
Re: Which hose do I install the flush tee in. 200hp Buick V8

none of those, there should be a (5th) hose coming from a fitting on the intermediate up to the thermostat housing feeding lake water to the whole system

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral

#17 is where the water enters the cooling system from the intermediate (you could tee into either one)
300buick.png

66imp

Recruit

Thanks! I was hoping you would chime in. I've been browsing the forums for a couple weeks and always run across your posts. You have a ton of knowledge about these old stringers.

Maybe you can shed some light on my type 2/type 3 question. The manual says type 2 drives were used between 64-67 and type 3 were used from 67-up. I have also read that All V8's (Chevy or Buick) used Type 3.

I do have the type 3(5 exhaust housing bolts) so is it safe to say this drive uses the slightly more available 68-77 parts?
Thanks again!

66imp

Recruit

Can anyone answer my type2 vs type 3 question? Still trying to find out if this drive uses 68up parts.
Thanks

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral

Wayne at sterndrive.info might be your best bet.
I think the question you want to ask is "Will any newer hi-profile drive hang on my intermediate and mesh with my ball gear ok"
That way you can look for a newer drive, as new as 1977 for your boat.

I don't have any of the answers though.
The guys in my avatar would know, but they are probably dead.