Scored a TON of old repair manuals - what to do with them?

adt2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So I was talking with a friend a few weeks back, and I happened to mention my 1957 Johnson outboard project. He perked up and said that his father had recently passed but that he used to do "some work on old motors." He said he was pretty sure his sister (who lives out of state but apparently near where the father was living) had told him there was a "stack of old motor books" out in the garage that she didn't know what to do with, and did I want them?

So I shrugged and said, "Sure," figuring, what could it hurt? They'll get rid of the stuff, and if I don't need it I can toss it and they don't have to feel guilty about it. Then I promptly forgot about the conversation. Two days ago, I get a call from my friend's wife asking if I can please come get "these books." I thought maybe they were making her husband sad about the loss of his dad or something.

So I head down there, and there are books. There are four huge boxes of books shipped to Texas from Kansas. Below is a list of what I've got (sorry for the length of this post):

EDIT: Removed list

These were in the first box. I have three more to go through.

Any idea what I ought to do with all of this stuff? Trash it? Donate it? Sell it for $10 each, shipped? I have no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Scored a TON of old repair manuals - what to do with them?

Sorry adt2, selling on the forums is not allowed, and listing every manual is the same as offering them for sale here.

If you want to sell them, list them on ebay or craigslist for whatever you can get out of them.

Might even take them to your local boat shops and see if they want to buy them.

colbyt

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Scored a TON of old repair manuals - what to do with them?

Check the prices on Ebay and list them for a bit less for a quick sale. Who knows you might sell enough for a new boat or something.