Are all the transom holes the same?

STARCRAFT63

Cadet
Hello Mates,
Are all the transom holes the same for different outdrives ie: mercrusier and volvo?
I have a boat aerocraft Mustang 2, no motor with a hole in the transome for an outdrive to fill. I want to put a volvo penta engine and sterndrive in boat but not sure if it will fit. I have researched but no mention of adapter plate when changing from original engine and drive to volvo setup. This is my first post so be gentle.
I have gotten alot of info for my 63 starcraft and enjoy reading posts.
Thank you in advance.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Are all the transom holes the same?

Lots of different holes over the years. Post a picture of the hole in your transom and the transom shield you want to install.

STARCRAFT63

Cadet

Here is the picture of my existing transome opening and I wanted to install the Volvo Penta 125 engine and stern drive. i looked at the Volvo setup and the engine did not rest on motor mounts, it just floated in the engine bay.

Attachments

• aero transome hole.jpg
    aero transome hole.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 0

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Nope, that hole is for an OMC Stringer drive. The transom is too thin and the hole is much larger than any other drive. Plus the stringers are probably all wrong.

STARCRAFT63

Cadet

Nope, that hole is for an OMC Stringer drive. The transom is too thin and the hole is much larger than any other drive. Plus the stringers are probably all wrong.

T:Dhanks for the quick response and saving me a headache.