Reverse interlock switch questions and Reverse valve question - 1977 Glastron

halljames76

Cadet
Hello everyone, I am wondering if someone can help me with the following on a 1977 Glastron with a Mercruiser 140 I/O.

1. Reverse Interlock Switch
Need pictures if anyone has it that shows where the two blue wires connect to. I look at the wiring diagrams and I am still confused! Please help
Also, when in reverse should the switch be pressed or released by the reverse valve. What about neatrual and forward?

2. My Tilt/Trim goes down slowely after I tilt it up but when I move the reverse valve arm more towords where the arrows are it clicks and stops dropping. However, I cant adujust it persay for forward as my shift cables is as far as it will allow it to go. Also when i align it with the arrows it presses on the switch. Should the switch be pressed in forward or reverse only. I attached some picture hoping it helps.

Let me know if you need anything else but would love to get this boat on the lake this weekend so the kids can have fun and we can fish!Reverse Valve.jpgSwitch wiring.jpg

Josh P

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Reverse interlock switch questions and Reverse valve question - 1977 Glastron

hello, i have a 76 and i have the same set up. my switch was disconnected , i was told one wire goes to ground the other goes to the trim solenoid. Now that i think about it my drive drops slowly when it sits, i wonder if that is my problem. If you find a lock rebuild kit let me know. Not sure how the valve works tho.