for you mercury enthusiast

ziggy

Admiral
Re: for you mercury enthusiast

thanks man, that was a fun you tube.
i especially liked the old man with the tired blood about in the middle of the view. had me roaring...

i can remember going to the mercruiser dealer when i was a kid. getting all the latest mercury brochures i could get. reading up on all them high hp outboards. back when 100 or 115 was a lot of hp... times sure have changed..

emoney

Commander

That was so awesome, thanks for sharing it. I loved the skiers behind the 20hp motor. Here we all worry; "Will a 200hp be big enough" lol.

JEBar

Chief Petty Officer

I owned three different 60's era Merc outboards .... lets just say, I haven't owned one since .... that said, I really enjoyed the video .... it brought back decades old memories which all of a sudden seemed like yesterday .... thanks for finding and posting it

Jim

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's a good one, mad. I look at old vids like this and try to recognize things and actors. Only picked up on two things. The tired blood boat looked like a Starcraft Super Sport and the actor in the final vid looked like Leif Erickson, Big John Cannon in "The High Chaparral" .

Thanks for the old Merc commercials.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

That commercial likely was one of the causes for OMC building the first V4 Fat Fifty, in 1958. In 1957, the largest motor OMC had was a 35 or 40HP Big Twin. With Merc announcing the inline six 60HP motor, the race was on....