Prop advise

tim/t

Recruit
2004 Glastron gx 205 w/volvo penta 5.0 with a 14-1/2 x 19 aluminum prop. I use this boat for wakeboarding and pulling tubes so speed is not what i'm looking for. I have owned this boat for about 2 months and notice that on wakeboarding and tubing it loses speed and rpm in turns. It struggles while pulling some wakeboarders up. any help would be appreciated.

Pessemist

Seaman
Re: Prop advise

2004 Glastron gx 205 w/volvo penta 5.0 with a 14-1/2 x 19 aluminum prop. I use this boat for wakeboarding and pulling tubes so speed is not what i'm looking for. I have owned this boat for about 2 months and notice that on wakeboarding and tubing it loses speed and rpm in turns. It struggles while pulling some wakeboarders up. any help would be appreciated.

What rpm's are you turning at WOT? If you are not getting up to 5000rpm with that setup then check engine before re-propping.

Some suggestions are go to same size stainless (more rigid so don't lose pitch to flexing).

My friend has this boat and he likes the Michigan Wheel 4 blade 14 X 20 Stainless for the hole shot and low planning speed.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Prop advise

We need the info requested in the stickys at the top of the prop forum.To evaluate your setup.
Keep in mind you need to trim down to stay on plane easier and I believe the boat will lose more speed in a left turn.