volvo 4.3 miss fire

regal 182

Cadet
i have a 1994 volvo penta 4.3 gs holley 4 bbl. i have a miss at all rpms i cant figure out.. i have rebuilt the carb replaced spark plugs,cap,rotor and ign. control module the p.o supposedly changed the fuel pump and filter..compression was about 160 in all cyl and the new plugs are black.idles rough and turning the screws on the carb doesnt do much..btw i also dont have a power valve or a place to put one in the 4160..

Maclin

Admiral
Re: volvo 4.3 miss fire

Look at the spark plugs to see if some look worse than others, this will teel if the miss is isolated to specific cylinder(s).

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Have you verified the firing order being right? Not just making sure you put them back where they were, but actually in the right order.

Maclin

Admiral

btw i also dont have a power valve or a place to put one in the 4160..

After you look at the plugs and verify firing order I would like to know more about how you arrived at this conclusion.

regal 182

Cadet

all of my plugs are black.my firing order should be correct according to the manuel...

regal 182

Cadet

when i rebuilt the carb i bought 1 and in the rebuild instructions it shows where it goes but theres not 1 there not even threads to screw it in..
After you look at the plugs and verify firing order I would like to know more about how you arrived at this conclusion.

Maclin

Admiral

Do you think the carb was original before you rebuilt it?

There are different metering plates, some have PV's, some don't, but the ones that don't are usually for secondary metering. Primary metering plates should them, pretty integral part of Holley tuning. I will mention that I have not seen the insides of every Holley carb yet :)

regal 182

Cadet

yes i beleive it is orignal carb..my miss sounds like just 1 cyl im wondering with the rich condition,missfire and stalling after 10 mins of boating if my ign coil is going bad...any ideas???
Do you think the carb was original before you rebuilt it?

There are different metering plates, some have PV's, some don't, but the ones that don't are usually for secondary metering. Primary metering plates should them, pretty integral part of Holley tuning. I will mention that I have not seen the insides of every Holley carb yet :)