Adjusting the Rollers

bigdaddypt

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a dual axle EZ Loader trailer and my tongue weight is a little light. I am looking to pull the boat a little further up but the end of the boat is right at the back edge of the rear rollers. Look at the picture I've attached. What I'm thinking is for the rear rollers is to unbolt them from the brackets, and move them up so the bolt that is going through the front hole in the roller arm is going through the hole in the back and drill another hole. This would make the arm offset. Would this be an issue?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 100MEDIA$IMAG0112.jpg
    100MEDIA$IMAG0112.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 0

Maclin

Admiral
Re: Adjusting the Rollers

You would not need to move the boat up much to make a difference in tongue weight. From that picture it looks like to me you have several inches you could move it forward with no changes (except the winch post move).

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

I have a dual axle EZ Loader trailer and my tongue weight is a little light. I am looking to pull the boat a little further up but the end of the boat is right at the back edge of the rear rollers. Thanks!

Same here, if the picture is accurate you have a few inches it could move forward. On my roller the rear most roller center is about 4" in from the transom.

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander

The transom is the strongest part of the boat. My rollers are right on the bottom of the transom. Part of the roller is actually past the back of the boat. IMHO you can just move the winch stand ahead. Another way if you don't like that is to move your axel back a little bit. From the picture it appears it is also adjustable and could move back a few inches. Many boat trailers have an adjustable axel for just that reason.