77 ranger 175-a

hi im new to forum but have been reading for months.i found lots of good advice on this site so i jumped on in here . i have just got me a new project boat that i would like to restore. i got it for free but it has no motor. i have a mercury 75 that i m gonna put on itthat has a hole in lower unit but i have a nother lower unit that i will put on it.i will post some pics later.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 77 ranger 175-a

Welcome to iBoats!

Post those Pics and we'll be glad to help you when and where we can

WelcomeAboard.jpg

tryed to upload pics but they are too large. how do i convert them to smallerr. thanks

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Most members use a Free Photobucket account. You can have Photobucket automatically autosize your uploaded pics to the recommended iBoats size of 640x480. When you have your account set up there will be an arrow beside your login name at the top right of the screen. Click the arrow and then click Account Settings. In the menu bar at the top click Album Settings. At the top of the Album Setting window will be View Upload Options. Click that and then select the 640x480 size. Then return to your album and hover over the pic. A pop up window will appear. the last URL in the popup will be the IMG Code.
Click it and it will say Copied. Now return to iBoats and past the pic into your post.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

First thing I'd recommend is you should gain access to the inside of your transom and drill some core samples and see if the shavings are dry or wet. If wet then you will need to decapitate the boat to replace the transom. The stringers will prolly need to be replaced too! Does the deck have any soft spots?

deck seems to be in good shape no soft spots. havnt drilled holes in transom it seems to be solid but i quess i should drill holes if im gonna invest time and money. it has new carpet in it i was hoping not to pull off floor. guess thats only way to check stringers though right.