DT 100 limp mode issue

jmthomson

Recruit
I have a DT 100 2 stroke, this particualr model comes with a mirco link ignition system.

the motor was ran down to 1 Qt. of oil. The motor put itself in limp mode, and the oil light was on. refilled with oil the low oil light went out, the motor continued to stay in limp mode. pull the boat out of the watter to it home ,started to do some investagation . started with the oil system seeing this caused the issue. tested the sensor on top of the oil cap. used a volt meter to test it. the sensor has two floats .there was no reading from the float sensor for limp mode but there was a reading for the oil level.

Changed the Sensor out. motor is still in limp mode. tried using the oil resart switch nothing

im thinking it could be the oil sensor, oil pump ,ecm or a bad switch

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: DT 100 limp mode issue

try disconnecting the battery

jmthomson

Recruit

I had the motor disconnected from the. Battery. Waited roughly 18 hours.
Same effect, I have also tested the oil alarm reset button for continuity it was fine. I m waiting for my manual to see, what a beep every 10 sec is.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

some DT motors have oil flow switch that sets off alarm, might look at that.

some have maintenance reminder peep at ? many hours, but that would not put it into limp

jmthomson

Recruit

some DT motors have oil flow switch that sets off alarm, might look at that.

some have maintenance reminder peep at ? many hours, but that would not put it into limp

would that switch be in the oil sensor
Itself?
I have looked at the blow ups for oil system i see the oil pump and the oil sensor and the oil tank with that sensor on top of the oil tank i haven't seen the switch

Thanks